The journey of life comes with obstacles. It's not about conquering those obstacles, but it's about how you handle them. I believe that life is what you make of it and it is important to capitalize on every single day. There are only so many things that you can control. The rest is out of your hands and it's important not to dwell on them. This blog is my story and the lessons I am learning along the way.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Let it be...

I am inspired by two things tonight…American Idol and Biggest Loser. Yes, I know you are thinking that I am nuts and how these things could possibly inspire me on a Tuesday night. Well, it is quite simple….faith and desire!

First of all, I hate American Idol and I never watch it, but tonight I was eating dinner and my dear roomies had it on. A young girl sang a beautiful song by the Beatles called “Let it Be.” It has been ages since I heard this song and one sentence stuck out in my mind…..”There will be an answer, Let it be.” In a time of confusion, anxiety, and frustration in my life and many others, I find it important to remind myself on a daily basis (or sometimes an hourly basis) that it’s ok that I don’t know what is about to happen in my life and I don’t know the solution right now. I am the kind of person who likes to know the answer to everything in my life, but in reality there are going to be changes in our life that cannot be explained or answered right away. The answer will come….maybe not today or next week or even next year, but we need to have faith in ourselves that our hearts are leading us in the right direction. Faith is defined as “the confident belief or trust in the truth of a person.” Your heart always speaks the truth and you are the only one who knows what it is saying. It is up to me to either act or express those feelings. No one else can possibly read or know what our hearts are telling us. We often get caught up in this world of perfect perception and we listen to what society pushes upon us. Unfortunately for so many people, life is made up of decisions of what other people think is right or wrong….when in reality we need to make our own decisions. We often forget to have faith in ourselves and our true power house, OUR HEART. Even though I cannot always tell what my heart is saying because it’s only whispering, I do know that someday I will hear it loud and clear. Until that day…I am following those whispers and letting it be.

Second, Biggest Loser is my favorite show. It is a great reminder that if you truly want something, you have to have the desire to get there. Desire is everything. In order to have drive, you have to have the desire. In order to feel success, you had to have that need to take you there. If everyone took on a job or an assignment with the desire to get it done and do a great job….think about how our lives would change! I know that when I want something so badly and I finally reach that goal or milestone…nothing feels better. And at that moment life feels perfect. Oh what a fabulous feeling. Just think…It all stems from desire and that need to reach and work hard for something. So….everyday we need to wake up and find that desire. Search deep for it. Remind yourself that success feels so much better when you want it!
Here is some food for thought:
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Neat. Thanks for the reminder about "Let It Be." This is the perfect message for me to be hearing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ali, I found your blog through Melicious' Clothes Make the Girl. This might be weird, but I think we have the same name...like the exact same name...Allie Nichols...

    I really like this post-- gets me thinking about motivation and aspirations. I'll definitely be reading in the future.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words guys!

    Allie Nichols!...Wierd and totally awesome. It's a great name;)

    ReplyDelete