The journey of life comes with obstacles. It's not about conquering those obstacles, but it's about how you handle them. I believe that life is what you make of it and it is important to capitalize on every single day. There are only so many things that you can control. The rest is out of your hands and it's important not to dwell on them. This blog is my story and the lessons I am learning along the way.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Easy Pulled Pork

This recipe comes from my amazing gym, Crossfit Verve. I made this last Sunday afternoon and I was amazed at how easy this was...I mean it literally took me 5 minutes! Not to mention...it tastes unreal! I this on my eggs in the morning, made lettuce wraps with it for lunch, and for dinner I had it with roasted veggies. It's a cheap and easy meal that makes a lot. Enjoy!

Pulled Pork

Ingrediants:
3 lbs pork, brisket or roast
1 cup yellow onion, chopped
2.5 cups bell pepper, chopped
2 cans El Pato Mexican tomato sauce (7.75oz yellow can)
Half bottle Valentina picante sauce (12.5 oz bottle)
2 t cumin or 2 T curry*

Directions:
Add the pork, onion, peppers, sauces, and your choice of spice to a crock-pot. Set it on low for 6-12 hours, it's ready when you can easily shred the meat holding two forks. Set this up the night before, and let it slow cook all night. I do realize that Colorado has a great selection of mexican food. So I am not sure if this tomato sauce and picante sauce can be found in other states. My advice...experiment! If you only have a plain tomoato sauce, add some additional spices to flavor it up...such as chili powder, cayenne pepper etc.

* the cumin powder will increase the spiciness, while the curry powder will mellow it and sweeten the BBQ sauce--choose your poison wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment