The journey of life comes with obstacles. It's not about conquering those obstacles, but it's about how you handle them. I believe that life is what you make of it and it is important to capitalize on every single day. There are only so many things that you can control. The rest is out of your hands and it's important not to dwell on them. This blog is my story and the lessons I am learning along the way.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

MIA

Yes, Yes…I know! It’s been far too long. Although I have been completely slacking on my posts, I can assure you that I have not been slacking on life. I have been guilty of being a lover of life lately. It’s summer time, which means the mountains have been calling my name. I have God’s playground right at my backdoor. How lucky am I?



Even though I have been content with my life and I can’t really complain doesn’t mean I have had a few slumps along the way. I won’t get into the details of these less than spectacular events because they are irrelevant. However, what is important is the outcome. I’m fine! Yes, I got through it. And you know now that I think about it…I have been able to get through a lot over these past 24 years. All of those problems that I thought were so hard and I would never get through it alive…. turned out to be ok after all. My point is no matter how many times we hit the rough spot and we think our troubles are going to break us…they never really do. We are still here. Still breathing. And that in itself is a reason to cause celebration. Life throws EVERYONE curve balls. Some more than others. Is it fair? No, but its life. It’s like the old saying, “If everybody put their troubles in the middle of the room, you’d take a look around and pick your own back up again.”

It is easy for us to get caught up in our own issues that we forget everyone has them. For most of us, these issues go unseen. We keep them hidden. So here is my proposal…Smile, laugh, love and don’t forget to give a hug. Simple jesters can make a world of difference. After all, we all have our troubles and there is no reason why we can’t go down the beaten path together.

No comments:

Post a Comment